Art Therapy for You + Your Child
If you or your child have been feeling down, stressed, or just don’t know what to do with yourself, you should consider art therapy. This type of therapy is growing in popularity for good reason- it is fun, helpful, and healing.
Why art therapy is important?
Art therapy is another tool used to help get to the heart of the matter, and it’s also a great way to relieve stress and depression. Art therapy isn’t just for kids- adults can also benefit from this type of therapy. And you do not need to have any experience or talent. Your Art Therapist will guide you and help you select materials to work with and how to use them.
Healing aspects of art.
Art Therapy can help you work through and resolve a wide range of problems and issues. For example:
1. Children who have been bullied or abused can express themselves through art and find healing.
2. Children who have had a loss can draw & paint the picture of the person.
3. Art therapy allows children to express themselves in a safe way. It is not only a healing experience, but also allows children to find their voice.
4. Art therapy is a great way to release stress.
5. Art therapy allows children to explore their emotions and express their needs in a healthy way.
6. Art therapy is a great way to build empathy and social skills
7. Art therapy is a good way to teach children about feelings and self-expression.
Art therapy helps you express yourself, and you can be creative in any medium you choose. The main goal of art therapy is to express yourself however you see fit. Whether it’s painting, drawing, or sculpting, art therapy is simply a way to explore the self.
It can help you identify what’s really going on in your life, and you can get a new perspective on your present situation.
Art therapy is client-centered; all children are unique, and thus it’s important to find something that works best for them. If you’re wondering what style of art therapy your child would enjoy, ask them!
Art therapy is a great way to vent and release your emotions.
Healing aspect of art.
Art therapy is a form of play therapy that can be used in the treatment of a variety of mental and emotional problems. Art therapy is based on the premise that children and adults can benefit from creating and re-creating images or symbols; and using the process of creating these images as a means to unlearn and re-learn.
Give us a call or send an email to learn how we may help you or your child using Art Therapy. 908-857-4422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, click on the Book Now button. There you will see our availability for the next two months. You can select the day and time that works best for you.
To learn more about us: About Us
To learn more about Art Therapy, please visit our Art Therapy website where you can read about how it works, what it helps, and materials that are used: Art Therapy at Holistic Health Counseling Center